Hi there. If you’re reading this, cheers to you! This site began as a mere catalog of stuff I like and is becoming something a little bit more, thanks to growing readership and some things I’m learning on the professional side of life.
Here are some ideas I have to improve my site. I’d love to hear which of these sound like good ideas to you, or really bad ideas, or if you have any other suggestions outside of what I’m already considering. If you can take thirty seconds to make your voice heard in the comments, I’d appreciate it hugely.
My ideas so far:
- Focus more on some things (design? branding? music? movies? What do you want to hear more about?)
- Focus less on other things (what do you hate when I get into? What do you never read?)
- Write more full reviews (of movies, music, etc)
- Post more original art
- Add a list of suggested resources (for various categories, like design, drawing, etc., with links to Amazon)
- Add a small, tastefully-placed ad block (so that I can fund things like contests and give-aways)
- Offer prints of my work for sale (would anyone buy any of ‘em? Would you? What would you pay for one of my sketches?)
- Link to other people whose blogs I love
- Have more regular features (and less total randomness in how/when/what/why I post)
- Add a regular feature of interviews with other creatives and/or guest posts from bloggers I love
- Never ever change, keep that breathless charm, because I’m lovely just the way I am
If you can take a second to give me your feedback, I’ll send you a chocolate cookie through the internet just as soon as I can cram one into my CD drive. Wait, does my computer even have a CD drive?
Yes. Yes it does. So post your thoughts, and if I can fit a cookie in there, I’ll email it to you.